The Accessibility Unit for Students with Disabilities of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens has been established and became functional by decision of the University Senate, on 23 February 2006, and the Rector’s Council, on 22 March 2006.
The mission of the Accessibility Unit (for Students with Disabilities) is:
the achievement, in practice, of coequal access to the academic studies of students with different abilities and needs, providing environmental modifications, Assistive Information Technologies and Access Services.
Some of the basic needs or requirements of Students with Disabilities, which the Accessibility Unit (for Students with Disabilities) covers, are:
- access to interpersonal communication with members of the academic community,
- access to the University building facilities,
- access to the educational material (printed or electronic),
- access to the blackboard and the presentations of the classroom,
- access in keeping notes, tasks and written examinations,
- access in information, Internet content and Information and Technology applications.
On this website you will find information about the Services of the Accessibility Unit for Students with Disabilities and other collaborating departments of the University, how the Accessibility Unit is organized, the legislation on which it is based, news concerning it, and the contact information of its executives.
The Brochure of the Accessibility Unit for Students with Disabilities of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (see the accessible document DOCX or non-accessible file PDF) provides a brief overview of the abovementioned services.
Below, there is a video of the Film Sector of the University of Athens Students Cultural Association, produced with the kind participation of Students with Disabilities.